About the Job
American Carton Company is an independent, full-service, folding carton company that routinely designs and manufactures innovative packaging solutions. ACC has capabilities to create a look which will “jump off the shelf” through the use of creative carton design, high-quality graphics, specialty coatings, embossing, foil stamping, windowing, etc. We are located in Mansfield, Texas and have been in business since 1992.
The goal of ACC’s team of experienced folding carton professionals is to listen to the needs of our customers and to build a relationship based on providing a quality product and exceptional service.
We have an immediate opening for a project coordinator in our customer service department.
The project coordinator is responsible for the communication, coordination, and completion of projects, overseeing all aspects of projects from initial design to finished product. Works with clients, sales representatives, production personnel, and outsource suppliers to communicate scope of project, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor status of projects. The ideal candidate is highly organized, an excellent verbal and written communicator, with a strong will to work with others. Relies on experience and judgment to set expectations and accomplish goals throughout the life of the project. Prepares project status reports for customers and upper management as needed, communicates clearly and harmoniously with internal and external customers. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Please apply via the button below or call Tammy at 817-473-2992.
The job functions and opportunities include:
Tasks and Duties:
- Service the client, sales, and production.
- Solve problems, gather and transmit information.
- Ensure the highest quality product is produced.
- Receive job details / PO from sales rep or client.
- Compare PO with the estimate and reconcile any differences with the customer / sales representative.
- Work with Prepress and Design departments on customer-supplied art files.
- Determine and manage any concerns at this point.
- Inspect proofs and send proofs to customer.
- Coordinate with Production department.
- Work out potential concerns in meeting the customer’s expectations and production goals.
- Create and input data into the production system to create a production job.
- Clearly communicate customer needs and expectations.
- Ensure that the needed materials are on hand for production.
- Coordinate and manage schedule.
- Track jobs through production.
- Monitor both internal and outsourced job progress.
- Communicate any problems and / or changes to plant personnel, sales representative, and customer.
- Oversee shipping and invoicing of project.
- Generate or direct creation of packing slips.
Skills & Competencies:
- General familiarity with use of computer and email.
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to sit and stand repeatedly and move about the plant effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED. College degrees preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience as a project manager preferred.
- Must pass Company pre-employment drug screen and physical testing.
- A positive, team-player, customer-centric attitude.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.