About the Job
American Carton Company is an independent, full-service, folding carton company that routinely designs and manufactures innovative packaging solutions. ACC has capabilities to create a look which will “jump off the shelf” through the use of creative carton design, high-quality graphics, specialty coatings, embossing, foil stamping, windowing, etc. We are located in Mansfield, Texas and have been in business since 1992.
The goal of ACC’s team of experienced folding carton professionals is to listen to the needs of our customers and to build a relationship based on providing a quality product and exceptional service.
We have an immediate opening for a gluer operator to assist in our finishing department.
Please apply via the button below or call Tammy at 817-473-2992.
The job functions and opportunities include:
Tasks and Duties:
- Set up, operate and maintain Folder/Gluer and associated equipment as required.
- Identify, troubleshoot and correct product defects caused by gluers
- Identify job ticket specifications and set and operate machine to published specifications.
- Identify and make basic repairs to Finishing Department equipment
- Complete all required quality and production paperwork
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and cleaning activities on the finishing equipment
- Manage a finishing crew (Feeder Packers, Palletizer)
- Monitor gluing quality
- Be able to use hot melt, extrusion and pot adhesive application systems
- Make ready and run both straight line and auto-bottom folding cartons
- Achieve targeted performance standards on make-ready, run times and scrap
- Adhere to safety rules
- Follow direction from department lead
Skills & Competencies:
- Must be able to work safely, communicate well, and produce good quality work at an efficient pace.
- Basic mechanical ability and aptitude.
- Careful attention to detail
- Possess a “can-do” and TEAMWORK attitude
Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of arms and legs, moving body, such as lifting up to 40 pounds repeatedly, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience as a folder gluer operator preferred.
- Previous experience on the following equipment: Bobst folder gluers, Leary glue application systems and Heiber Schroeder window patch machine preferred.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Basic math skills.
- Must pass Company pre-employment drug screen and physical testing.
- A positive, team-player, customer-centric attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be able to work overtime when needed